Friday, August 16, 2013

Fitness Friday 1

     I recently was told by my doctor that I need to lose weight. This is really a scary thing to hear from your doctor. For me its because I have been waiting for it for a little while.  I've been seeing myself get fatter and fatter and I need to reverse the process.  But when you live alone and don't like to cook that much this can be a tall order.
     This is something that I can tell needs to happen.  I have hypertension mostly from genetics but this doesn't help. I have had extreme problems with anxiety (not as much now but it happens.) I deal with depression.  Lastly there is a history with heart disease in my family. All of these things can be helped by exercising more and eating better.
     The thing is I have almost no excuse not to be exercising more.  I live within walking distance, or at least biking distance of my work and school (which happen to be in the same place.)  I work at the campus rec center.  Heck I live in one of the flattest cities ever I could bike anywhere. It would certainly save on gas.
     So I figure why not use the blog as a way to keep myself accountable.  Maybe I can post updates on my weight loss and exercise regime.  I could do it weekly.  Fitness Fridays would be a nice way to do it. Heck it would up my buffer quite a bit. It wouldn't take a lot of effort to write.

     So that is what this is my first Fitness Friday. My current weight is 185.5 as of this morning. This week I've done the following exercises
15 minutes of walking around the pool

Its been a tough week for me and a rainy week for Lincoln.
My goal for next week is 184 lbs lets do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment